No meal is more fun in the summertime than a delicious backyard barbecue. Gathered around the patio with family and friends, a perfectly grilled batch of burgers is always a crowd-pleaser.
But if you’re looking for ways to really impress others at your next cookout, consider these tips on how to take your burger from ground zero to high flyer:
1. Stacked Up: Gravity, schmavity! The more toppings – the more flavour. Don’t let a fear of heights stop you from piling your favourite burger garnishes sky-high.
2. The Three S’s: The best burgers incorporate three flavour categories: sweet, spicy and smoky. One bite into the High Flyer burger (recipe from Bick’s Pickles), and you’ll savour the perfect blend of sweet green relish, smoky bacon and hot pepper rings which turn this burger into a summer sensation.
3. Pickle Perfection: While relish is a vital part of any classic burger recipe, don’t forget to explore its other pickled friends. From hot banana pepper rings to spicy pickle slices, you can add an unforgettable crunch and flavour. Pickles are a trendy staple for any well-dressed burger.
Bick's High Flyer Burger
- 1 brioche bun (lightly toasted)
- 2 tbsp 30ml cream cheese
- 1/4 cup 50ml micro greens or salad greens
- 1 slice red onion
- 1/4 avocado (sliced)
- 3 slices bacon (cooked crisp)
- 1 burger (cooked)
- 1 tbsp 15ml Bick's Sweet Green Relish
- 1 slice pineapple
- 2 tbsp 30ml Bick's Hot Pepper Rings
- 2 Bick's Sandwich Savers Hot n' Spicy Pickles
- 1 tsp each (5ml mustard and mayonnaise, optional)
- Spread cream cheese evenly on top and bottom buns. Layer remaining ingredients.
The High Flyer burger will have everyone trying to get on your invitation list this year. To build even more gravity-defying intrigue, visit Bicks.ca and find out how you can up the ante at your next barbecue party with a chance to win a visit from a drone.