Think in terms of two pieces per person and certainly nor more than three. You don’t want your guests stuffed before the main course. So allow one chicken wing a head. Depending on size, of course, 1 kilo of chicken wings is about 8 pieces.
* 1 kilo wings, each cut at the joints into three pieces
* 2tbs dark soy sauce
* thumb sliced piece fresh ginger, thinly sliced
* 1 cup SR flour
* 1 tbs oil
* 6 shallots, very finely chopped
* 1 tsp Chinese 5-spice
* 1 cup ice cold water or soda water
* salt and pepper
* deep fat fryer or wok with oil.
Put the chicken in a pan and cover with water. Add soy sauce and ginger. Bring to the boil and simmer until the wings are cooked. This should take about 20 minutes, depending on the size. Give them longer if they need it. You want the meat thoroughly cooked but not falling off the bone.
Drain the wings and allow them to cool a little so you can handle them. Sift the flour into a bowl, add the oil and whisk in the water to form a smooth batter. Stir in the five spice and shallots. Season with salt and pepper.
Bring the fat fryer to high heat and then turn it back a little so that the fat is hot but not smoking. Dip the chicken pieces in the batter and cook over a medium to low heat until the batters is crispy and golden.
• You must take care to always wash your hands, knife, and cutting board in hot soapy water after preparing raw poultry.
• You should never use the same utensils and cutting board for other ingredients without thoroughly washing them first and after use. This prevents cross contamination.
• You should always marinate poultry in the refrigerator. Never leave it out in the open.
• Do not use the poultry marinade for basting.
• If the marinade is to be used for the basis of a sauce, bring it to a boil and boil for 2 minutes.
Barbecue Party is a leading resource that provides a regularly updated news feed, a BBQ store that stocks BBQ smokers and grills from dozens of popular manufacturers, and provides competition schedules and results, product reviews, guides and hundreds of delicious BBQ recipes, restaurant reviews and much more.
Article Source: http://www.articlesbase.com