If you’ve ever used dry shampoo, you know the feeling of relief it can bring to a rushed morning routine or a busy day. But what if you want to avoid the chemicals or high cost of store-bought dry shampoos? Making your own dry shampoo at home is an easy and cost-effective solution. Here’s how to do it:
DIY Dry Shampoo
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 cup arrowroot powder
- 2 tablespoons baking soda
1. In a small bowl, mix together cornstarch, arrowroot powder, and baking soda. If you have darker hair, you can add cocoa powder to match your hair color. If you have red hair, try adding cinnamon for a pleasant scent and subtle tint.
2. Transfer the mixture to a clean, empty spice jar or airtight container with a lid.
3. To use, simply sprinkle a small amount of the dry shampoo onto your roots and use your fingers to massage it into your scalp. Brush out any excess powder.
– Start with a small amount of powder and add more as needed – you don’t want to overdo it and end up with chalky hair.
– If you’re concerned about the powder residue, apply the dry shampoo at night and let it absorb overnight. In the morning, brush out any remaining powder.
– You can also add a few drops of essential oil to the mixture for a pleasant scent.
By making your own dry shampoo, you’ll save money and avoid the harsh chemicals found in some commercial products. Plus, you can customize the recipe to match your hair color and scent preferences. Give it a try – your hair (and wallet) will thank you!
Pioneerthinking.com – Ingredients for a simple life
If you want your hair to be moisturized for the long term, put coconut oil on just the scalp and roots of your hair, than take 5 cups of water and boil in a pot. When the water is boiled, place a clean towel in the water and wait until it gets very hot. Then take the towel out of the pot, let it cool just enough to wrap it around your hair without burning yourself. Keep on for 20 mins. The steam from the towel will evaporate into your scalp with the coconut oil making your hair healthier and more softer.
I do this all the time and my hair went from dry dull hair to shiny and silky hair in weeks. For this to to work effectively, you have to do this once a week. Go and Give it a try!!