Are you tired of having a bunch of little things rolling around in your drawers? If so, I have a simple storage solution for you.
Take a trip out to your local craft supply store and purchase a few inexpensive embroidery floss caddies. There are a variety of companies that make floss caddies, such as Darice. The caddies are made of durable hard plastic and have any where from 7 to 17 compartments.
What I like most about these plastic boxes is that they are clear and I can view the inside contents easily. They can be stacked on top of one another to save on drawer or shelf space.
Let’s take a look at a few different ways that you can use them around your house to get better organized.
1. Buttons: Do you like to sew? If so, You can use the caddy to organize all of your little buttons. You can sort them by size, shape or color.
2. Sewing Supplies: Use a caddy to organize all of your sewing bobbins, needles, presser feet, straight pins, measuring tape and needle threader.
3. Scrapbooking: Use the boxes to sort and store your brads, eyelets, charms and other small scrapbooking embellishments.
4. Jewelry: The caddies make excellent jewelry boxes. I like to store my pierced earrings in them to keep them mated and protected.
5. Jewelry Making Supplies: If you like to make jewelry, then you need a few of these boxes! They are great for organizing all of your beads and jewelry findings.
6. Fishing Tackle: Do you like to go fishing? These boxes are fantastic for organizing your fishing flies, sinkers, fishing hooks and other fishing supplies.
7. Tool Box Supplies: I keep a caddy stocked at all times with various sized nails, screws, washers, bolts and other little handyman necessities.
8. Desk Supplies: If you are tired of all those little things rolling around in your desk drawer, its time to get a caddy. This box can organize your paperclips, thumb tacks, pencil erasers and staples.
9. Cosmetics Storage: I keep three of these caddies under my bathroom sink filled with my extra cosmetics.
10. Hair Accessories: If you own a lot of little hair accessory items, one of these boxes would be perfect for organizing all of your barrettes, pony tail holders and bobby pins.
It’s time to ‘think’ inside the box!
I have found that since I have organized all of the ‘little’ things in my house, that I can now find things much easier and I save time. As a busy mom and wife, I don’t have 2 hours to find a green button!
Shelly Hill has been working from home since 1989 in Direct Sales. You can visit Shelly online at: http://www.classybusinesswomen.com or at http://www.inthekitchenwithshelly.com/
Article Source: Articlesbase.com