Bring more heart-healthy fish into your summer cooking
Warmer weather calls for lighter meals rich in protein and complemented with refreshing seasonal salads. Try this dish the next time you’re looking for dinnertime inspiration and enjoy al fresco on your patio or balcony.
Pan Seared Salmon Paired with a Grapefruit Summer Salad
Prep Time: 5 min
Total Time: 15 min
- 4 6-oz (170 g) salmon filets
- ¼ cup olive oil, divided
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 zucchini, shaved
- 1 red onion
- 2 carrots, shaved
- 2 tbsp grainy mustard
- 1 tbsp honey
Option: Replace zucchini and carrots with 2 fennel bulbs, shaved and 2 pink grapefruits, quartered
1. Pre-heat oven to 350F. Place in salmon in a baking dish seasoned with salt, pepper, and 1 tbsp of olive oil. Cook for 8 minutes, or until cooked through.
2. Using a mandolin or sharp knife, shave zucchini, red onion and carrots into a medium mixing bowl and set aside.
3. In a small mixing bowl, combine mustard, honey, and the remaining olive oil. Drizzle into the zucchini mix and toss.
4. To serve, arrange the salad mixture on a platter and top with salmon.
Find more fresh recipes ideas online at walmart.ca/recipes.