Our delicious salad marries summer’s juicy, sweet peaches and aromatic basil with slightly briny, velvety fresh mozzarella. This quick to fix, simple salad has an enticing bouquet – peaches are related to roses after all – and lots of vitamin C, beta-carotene, calcium and fiber. It would be peachy-keen to serve as a light main or side salad at your next summer soirée.
Peach and Basil Salad with Fresh Mozzarella
- 1 lb. peaches sliced into wedges, then cut crosswise (frozen may be used)
- 8 oz. fresh mozzarella cheese cut in 3/4-inch cubes
- 1 cup loosely packed fresh basil torn into medium pieces
- 2 tsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp. rice vinegar
- Pinch salt
- Freshly ground black pepper optional
In large mixing bowl combine peaches, mozzarella and basil. Drizzle on oil and vinegar, add salt and pepper, if using, and toss gently until evenly coated. Serve immediately or refrigerate up to 4 hours.
Grocery List: • Peaches • Mozzarella • Basil • Extra virgin olive oil • Rice vinegar • Salt • Freshly ground black pepper
Dori Mitchell, MS, RDN is AICR’s Coordinator for Nutrition Outreach.
Michael Kastre is an AICR Healthy Recipes developer.