These healthy Portobello mushroom BLTs are a delicious spin on your favourite sandwich, and are easily packed as a work lunch or enjoyed as a tasty last-minute dinner.
Portobello Mushroom BLTs
Prep time: 10 minutes Total time: 30 minutes Serves: 4
- 4 tsp olive oil (divided)
- 12 slices turkey bacon
- 2 Portobello mushrooms (sliced)
- 1 large field tomato (sliced)
- 1 small red onion (thinly sliced)
- 1 package arugula
- 4 whole wheat ciabatta buns
- Heat half of the olive oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add turkey bacon, cooking slices for 4 to 5 minutes per side. Remove from heat. Add remaining olive oil and then add mushrooms, sautéing until just cooked.
- Meanwhile, toast buns. Add turkey bacon, slice of tomato, mushroom slices, red onion, arugula and mayo in between each bun. Serve and enjoy.
Find more seasonally-inspired recipes online at mushrooms.ca.