From snacks to tasty entrees, chicken is always good for a quick and easy dish. If you are looking for something different to add to your chicken recipe files, check out the recipes in this article. The Nacho Chicken Cups make great snacks or work for a light lunch. The Peachy Orange Chicken With Rice makes a great dinner entree.
Peachy Orange Chicken with Rice
- 4 (1 lb total) boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 can (15-oz) sliced peaches with juice
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 envelope (1/2 of a box) dry onion soup mix
- 4 servings hot cooked brown rice for serving
In a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, melt the butter with the oil. Add the chicken and cook until browned on both sides. Remove the chicken and keep warm. To the same skillet add the peaches with the juice, sugar, orange juice, and dry soup mix to the skillet. Stir well to blend. Bring to a boil and cook for for a couple of minutes. Reduce the heat and return the chicken to the skillet. Simmer for 15 to 20 minutes, uncovered, or until the chicken is cooked through and the juices run clear. Serve the chicken and sauce over the rice.
Yield: 4 servings
Nacho Chicken Cups
- 10 (8-inch) corn tortillas
To make tortillas into cups: Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place 5 aluminum foil balls of about 4-inches in diameter on a baking sheet. Spray a 10-inch nonstick skillet with nonstick cooking spray. Over high heat, heat one tortilla at a time for about 5 seconds per side, until softened. Drain on paper towels and immediately drape tortilla ver a foil ball on baking sheet. Repeat with the 4 additional tortillas. Bake at 400 degrees for 5 minutes until golden brown. Remove from oven and leave on foil balls to cool. Turn the cups over and remove the foil balls. Repeat the process with the other 5 tortillas.
- 1 can condensed nacho cheese soup
- 2 1/2 cups diced cooked chicken (leftover chicken or a deli rotisserie chicken works fine)
- 1 can (8-oz) stewed tomatoes
- 1 can (4-oz) green chilies, drained
- Combine all the filling ingredients in a 2-quart saucepan and cook over medium heat until heated through.
- 5 cups shredded lettuce
- chopped red and/or yellow bell pepper for garnish
- fresh cilantro sprigs for garnish
To assemble: Into each of the tortilla cups, place 1/2 cup lettuce. Top with 1/4 cup of the chicken mixture. Garnish with the bell peppers and a sprig of cilantro.
Yield: 5 servings of 2 chicken cups
Note: You may skip the cups and use 10 purchased tostada shells, if you prefer.
As a busy wife, mother, grandmother, blogger, and caretaker, I enjoy sharing my quick and easy recipes with others on my blog at http://grandmasquickfixrecipes.blogspot.com As a diabetic, I also share my diabetic recipes and information at http://diabeticenjoyingfood.blogspot.com
Article Source: http://www.articlesbase.com