(The Queen Of Hungary’s Water)
Hey, your site is great so I wanted to contribute a tip! – For the cost of a few herbs and a bottle of vinegar you can make a wonderful rinse for dark hair that also doubles as a good astringent lotion. The herbs are common, so it is simple and cheap to make.
- 6 parts lemon balm
- 4 parts chamomile
- 1 part rosemary
- 3 parts calendula
- 4 parts roses
- 1 part lemon peel
- 1 part sage
- 3 parts comfrey leaf
- vinegar (white or apple cider)
- rose or witch hazel extract
- optional- essential oils such as lavender, rose,jasmine, etc.
1. Place all the herbs in a large glass jar (you will need to have a tightly fitting lid) Pour the vinegar on top of the herbs until it reaches an inch or two above the herbal mixture. Screw the lid on tightly and allow the jar to sit in a warm spot for two to three weeks. (trust me, it’s worth the time and trouble)
2. When at least two weeks have passed strain the mixture, reserving the liquid. For each cup of the herbal vinegar add 1/2 to 1 cup of either rose water or witch hazel. If you would like to add a few drops of essential oil, feel free.
Pour the mixture into a bottle or jar that can be resealed. The finished product will stay preserved indefinitely and needs no refrigeration.