Most Canadians say they enjoy spending time baking, but wish it took less time, according to a recent survey by Becel. Try these tips to add love to your baking without taking time out of your day.
♦ Keep ingredients in one cupboard to make clean up and prep a breeze.
♦ Try new Becel Sticks and say goodbye to cold butter. With no softening needed, you can use these straight out of the fridge for spontaneous sponge cakes and impromptu icing.
♦ Place bananas in a closed brown paper bag overnight to ripen faster.
♦ Bring eggs to room temperature quickly by placing them in a bowl of warm water for five minutes. This helps the eggs incorporate better into batters.
♦ Use a cookie scoop to portion cookies, cupcakes and muffins. Not only time efficient, this method keeps baked treats the same size for even baking.
♦ Bake in bulk, then freeze for unexpected occasions or gift to friends and family.
Then whip up these simply cupcakes that ready in just 30 minutes.
Quick and Easy Cupcakes
Prep time: 10 minutes Cook time: 20 minutes Serves: 12
- 3/4 cup 175 mL all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup 175 mL whole wheat flour
- 1 3/4 tsp. 8 mL baking powder
- 2 1 cup/250 mL Becel Salted Sticks, divided
- 1 cup 250 mL granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp 10 mL vanilla extract, divided
- 2/3 cup 150 mL 2% milk, divided
- 2 cups 500 mL icing sugar
- Preheat oven to 350° F (180° C). Line 12-cup muffin pan with paper cupcake liners; set aside.
- Combine flours and baking powder in medium bowl; set aside.
- Beat one margarine stick with granulated sugar in large bowl with electric mixer until creamy. Beat in eggs on low speed until blended, about 2 minutes. Beat in 1/2 cup (125 mL) milk and 1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla. Slowly beat in flour mixture just until combined, scraping sides of bowl occasionally. Evenly spoon batter into prepared pan.
- Bake 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean. Cool in pan on wire rack 5 minutes. Remove cupcakes and cool completely.
- Meanwhile, blend remaining margarine stick, icing sugar, remaining milk and remaining vanilla until blended. Beat on medium-high speed, scraping sides occasionally until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Evenly frost cooled cupcakes.