Traditional popcorn gets jazzed up with this spicy version of a camping favourite.
Spicy Peanut Popcorn
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 5 minutes
Makes 3½ cups (875 ml)
- 1 tsp (5 ml) chili powder
- ½ tsp (2 ml) oregano leaves
- ½ tsp (2 ml) smoked paprika
- ½ tsp (2 ml) salt
- ¼ tsp (1 ml) garlic powder
- ¼ tsp (1 ml) cayenne pepper
- ¼ tsp (1 ml) granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) butter, preferably salted
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) peanut oil
- ¼ cup (60 ml) popcorn kernels
- 1 cup (250 ml) peanuts
Combine spices and sugar in a small bowl, then mash in butter until spices are mixed in well. Set aside.
Place oil and popcorn in a large pot with a tight fitting lid (or use heavy duty foil) and set over medium heat. Keep pot covered and shake continuously until all kernels are popped.
Push popcorn to one side of the pot and add butter and spice mixture to the bottom of the pot. Add peanuts and stir until butter is melted, and popcorn and peanuts are coated in spice.
Additional recipes can be found at www.peanutbureau.ca.
Article Source: www.newscanada.com