Like cakes, the occasions for serving up sundaes are also endless. From birthdays to family celebrations to every milestone in between, sundaes have earned the reputation of serving up smiles. That’s why the sundae specialists at Smucker’s are putting a twist on the ultimate ice cream dessert this summer by creating a delicious recipe line-up inspired by cakes. Who says you can’t have your cake and a sundae too?
Rainbow Ice Cream Cake
Here is a bright and colourful dessert that’s as easy to make as it is fun to eat – in which every kid in the household will want to lend a hand. Any flavour of ice cream will work for this multi-coloured frozen treat, so don’t be afraid to get creative.
- 1 bottle (205 g) Smucker’s Magic Shell Chocolate Flavoured Topping
- 6 cups (1.5 L) assorted flavours or colours of ice cream, softened: strawberry, raspberry, mango, orange, chocolate, vanilla, pistachio
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) Smucker’s Sundae SyrupStrawberry Flavoured Syrup, plus additional for garnish
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) multicolored sprinkles, plus additional for garnish
Cover the bottom of a 9-inch (23 cm) springform pan with the Magic ShellTopping. Let freeze until firm, about 10 minutes. Randomly scoop half of each of the ice creams into the pan. Smooth top. Drizzle with syrup and sprinkles. Continue with remaining ice cream. Freeze until firm, about two hours. To serve, top with additional syrup and sprinkles. This recipe will make about 16 servings.
Ice Cream Cone Cake
A combination of ice cream, whipped cream, sprinkles and crispy wafer are the essentials of a perfect sundae. Let your kids’ imaginations go wild by offering up colorful ice cream cones and a variety of sprinkles. No two cakes will ever look the same!
- 14 mini (3.5 g each) vanilla wafer cookies, coarsely chopped
- 1 bottle (205 g) Smucker’s Magic Shell Chocolate Flavored Topping
- 4 (4.5 g each) ice cream cones, halved vertically
- 2 cups (500 mL) strawberry or cherry ice cream, softened
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) Smucker’s Sundae Syrup Strawberry Flavored Syrup
- 1 ½ cups (375 mL) chocolate ice cream, softened
- Whipped cream, sprinkles and Smucker’s Sundae Syrup Chocolate Flavored Syrup for garnish
Line the bottom of an 8-inch (20 cm) springform pan with cookies. Top with Magic Shell Topping and arrange the cones around the edge of the pan, so that the bottoms of the cones sit in the topping. Freeze for 10 minutes or until firm. Fill the base with strawberry or cherry ice cream. Make an indent in the ice cream and pour in the syrup. Cover with chocolate ice cream and smooth the top. Freeze until firm, about three hours. Decorate with whipped cream and sprinkles. Drizzle with additional syrup. This recipe will make about 10 servings.