When you get the kids in the kitchen, you make both great food and great memories. This simple yet tasty three-ingredient recipe for cherry jam uses frozen fruit, chia seeds and maple syrup.
It’s an all-family activity that gets kids and parents working together to create treats that can be shared with friends, family and neighbors. The short cook time and inexpensive ingredients make this recipe perfect for time and cash-strapped families, all for a little over $5 per batch.
Three-Ingredient Cherry Jam
Prep time: 5 minutes Cook time: 5 minutes Yield: 1.5 cups of jam (about 8 x 1/3-cup jars)
- 2 cups 500 mL Great Value frozen sweet pitted cherries, thawed
- 2 tbsp 30 mL whole chia seeds
- 1 tbsp 15 mL maple syrup
- In a food processor, pulse thawed cherries a few times until they’re broken up but not puréed.
- Transfer to a small saucepan and bring to a simmer over medium heat. Simmer for 5 minutes and remove from heat.
- Stir in chia seeds and maple syrup and transfer to a container for serving.
- Jam will set as it cools to room temperature.
- Cover, refrigerate and use within 10 days.
Tip: Not a fan of cherries? Substitute with another Great Value frozen fruit, available exclusively at Walmart, like blueberries, raspberries, strawberries or mixed berries.
Find more delicious recipes at www.walmart.ca/recipecentre.
Source: (NC) www.newscanada.com