With the end of summer holidays, shorter days, cooler temperatures and school routines back in full swing, the fall season is made for pampering yourself with creature comforts. The next time you’re missing long summer nights spent outside, try one or more of these five ways to cozy up to fall and face the colder weather.
1. Dress warmly and go for walks. Autumn is a gorgeous time for long walks in the great outdoors, with rich fall colours, lights and smells. Bust out your snug sweaters, wool socks and gloves and take advantage of all the beauty autumn has to offer before it’s too late and winter hits.
2. Enjoy a warm drink. After your walk, you’ll be ready to savour soothing hot apple cider. Enjoy the taste of real apples, brown sugar and cinnamon with the Green Mountain Hot Apple Cider Mix in K-Cup pods for the Keurig system. This delicious fall mix will take the chill off, while its sweet aromas create a sense of instant warmth.
3. Put a fire in the hearth. If you’re lucky enough to have a fireplace at home, this is a must. Fire is a source of sensory comforts on many levels, providing more than just heat — the lights, smells and sounds of the crackling logs set a relaxing mood and instantly chase away those cold-weather blues.
4. Enjoy a hot meal. One of the benefits of cooler temperatures is that it keep us indoors with loved ones. A piping hot soup or a fresh-from-the-oven meal paired with great conversation and family and friends is sure to make you appreciate the fall season.
5. Snuggle in a blanket. Perfect for watching a movie, reading a good book or taking a nap, curling up with a blanket is a classic way to end any fall day that’ll make even the biggest warm-weather lover a fan of this crisp time of year.
Source: (NC) www.newscanada.com