The sweet, crunchy taste of watermelon pairs well with full-bodied vinegar in this otherwise traditional Greek salad.
Watermelon Greek Salad
Makes 6 one-cup servings.
- 3 cups kale (chopped fine)
- 2 cups diced watermelon (seeded)
- 2 cups peeled and diced English cucumber
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1/2 cup Kalamata olives (cut in halves)
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
- serving grated pepper
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- In a large bowl, add kale, watermelon, cucumber, onion and olives.
- In a small bowl, whisk oil, vinegar, garlic, mint and pepper.
- Pour dressing over salad and toss thoroughly. Top with feta cheese. Serve.
Nutrition Serving size: 1 cup Calories per serving: 193 Fat per serving: 14.4g Saturated fat per serving: 4.5g Cholesterol per serving: 18mg Fiber per serving: 3.2g Protein per serving: 4.5g Carbohydrates per serving: 11g
Recipe and photo courtesy of Watermelon.org.