Give your typical salsa a delightful upgrade by adding watermelon and pineapple, which are both good sources of Vitamin C, an antioxidant that can help boost immunity.
Watermelon Pineapple Salsa
- 2 cups watermelon cut in 1/3-inch dice
- 2 cups pineapple cut in 1/3-inch dice
- 1/2 cup red onion cut in 1/3-inch dice
- 3 tablespoons cilantro chopped
- 1 diced jalapeno pepper
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- dash Tabasco sauce to taste
- dash salt and pepper to taste
- some granulated sugar optional, depending on sweetness of fruit
Combine watermelon, pineapple, onion, cilantro and jalapenõ pepper. Add lemon juice and season to taste with Tabasco sauce, pepper and salt. If additional sweetness is desired, add a small amount of sugar. Cover and refrigerate until chilled.
Servings will vary.
Recipe and Photo courtesy of The Watermelon Board – https://www.watermelon.org/