Give your typical salsa a delightful upgrade by adding watermelon and pineapple, which are both good sources of Vitamin C, an antioxidant that can help boost immunity.
Watermelon Pineapple Salsa
- 2 cups watermelon (cut in 1/3-inch dice)
- 2 cups pineapple cut in 1/3-inch dice
- 1/2 cup red onion (cut in 1/3-inch dice)
- 3 tablespoons cilantro (chopped)
- 1 diced jalapeno pepper
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- dash Tabasco sauce to taste
- dash salt and pepper to taste
- some granulated sugar (optional, depending on sweetness of fruit)
- Combine watermelon, pineapple, onion, cilantro and jalapenõ pepper. Add lemon juice and season to taste with Tabasco sauce, pepper and salt. If additional sweetness is desired, add a small amount of sugar. Cover and refrigerate until chilled.
Servings will vary.
Recipe and Photo courtesy of The Watermelon Board – https://www.watermelon.org/