Let your wedding catering take a cue from the seasons with our favorite menu ideas for every season…
Spring Wedding Menu Ideas
Summon the taste of spring with light flavors and delicate textures
- In Season – serve a main dish featuring ham or lamb.
- Fresh produce – round out the meal with a bounty of fresh fruits and young vegetables like baby carrots, baby asparagus and new potatoes.
- Elegant sides – serve mini quiches or update traditional deviled eggs by adding salmon or crab-meat.
- Bar favorites – a spring menu seems to call for champagne. Mix up a batch of mimosas for a morning wedding, or create a festive champagne cocktail.
Summer Wedding Menu Ideas
Use your summer menu to invoke warmth, sunshine and fun.
- Serve lighter fare – think fresh seasonal fruits and vegetables like berries, watermelon, tomatoes, cucumber, and corn, seafood and lean poultry like chicken. Between courses, serve a light sorbet.
- Spark up the grill – serve traditional picnic and grill fare like barbeque, burgers and potato salad.
- Head to the tropics – feature tropical signature cocktails like margaritas, sangria, or mojitos.
Fall Wedding Menu Ideas
Bring out the rich and comforting tastes of autumn
- Traditional favorites – you cannot go wrong with seasonal standbys: turkey, red potatoes, corn bread dressing, green beans, and honey glazed carrots.
- Family style – re-create a traditional thanksgiving feast by incorporating your family recipes into your wedding menu and serving the meal family style (if your guest list is small).
- Hearty proteins – Choose a hearty meat that will pair with heavier side dishes – turkey, roasted quail, rib roast
- Keep it elegant – you can serve traditional fare in sophisticated, creative ways – present soup or veggie puree in mini shot classes or hallowed out gourds, or warm apple cider in glass mugs with cinnamon sticks.
Winter Wedding Menu Ideas
Warm up to a decadent winter menu with these cool ideas to reflect the season
- Hearty dishes – serve heartier fare in sophisticated, creative ways – such as colorful butternut squash puree or warm pumpkin soup in ramekins or shot glasses.
- Wintery beverages – warm guests with eggnog, spiced wine or mixed coffee drinks.
Cori Russell is editor for Elegala.com and Gala Weddings Magazine. Elegala.com is a complete Weddings, Wedding Planning resource with a national directory of wedding venues and services, how-to guides, photo galleries, checklists, and expert advice to walk brides through every step of the wedding planning process.