We have all experienced at one time or another in our lives a bout of diarrhea and it is pretty awful to go through. There is usually extreme cramping in the stomach area as well as the constant feeling of needing to have a bowel movement at any time. Thankfully there are many remedies for this problem so in this article I will cover how to stop diarrhea for you.
One main side effect of diarrhea which has potentially very harmful effects is dehydration so the main concern you should have is keeping yourself hydrated by drinking as much water as you can handle during the day. Many people have had to be hospitalized for dehydration as a result of diarrhea and it is so easily avoidable if you do not let it get that severe.
There are some well known over the counter drugs that will stop diarrhea as well but they usually have the unfortunate side effect of stopping the natural cleansing process that our body is going through with diarrhea so you should stay away from those if possible.Diarrhea is one of our body’s natural defense systems used to help rid the body of toxins and poisons as quickly as possible so stopping it abruptly and unnaturally could lead to other issues.
- Eat certain fruit – Bananas, blueberries and apples.
- Apple Cider Vinegar – Take a shot glass and add a little honey, apple cider vinegar and very hot water. Stir this around until blended and sip slowly. Some like the taste and others hate it but it is extremely effective and can be given to children as well.
- Probiotics – Take a probiotic supplement to start building back up the good bacteria in your intestines.
- Hydration – Make sure to stay hydrated. Drink lots of water. Also carrot juice contains many of the minerals that your body loses with diarrhea so this would also be good to drink at this time.
- Things To Avoid – Stay away from caffeinated drinks, alcohol, and carbonated drinks. Try to drink all drinks warm rather than cold during this time as this helps the body to assimilate them easier.
So there you have 5 strategies on how to stop diarrhea. There are a multitude of natural remedies available for you to cure your diarrhea so try these above and do further research if you like to find other effective ways on stopping diarrhea.