A perfect side of roasted vegetables that will compliment any winter dish. I made a platter of the winter jewels to serve along side our Christmas dinner. Not only was it very good tasting but it also look quite lovely and festive.
Winter Jeweled Vegetables
- 1 cup of cranberries (fresh or thawed frozen)
- 4 teaspoons of molasses
- 4 large carrots (washed and cut length wise then cut into 1 inch pieces (or about 1 1/2 pounds of baby carrots))
- 2 large turnip (peeled then cut into 1 inch chunks)
- 1 pound of Brussels sprouts (halved)
- 2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 2 teaspoon olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Lightly grease a casserole pan, mix vegetables together and toss in the olive oil. Place casserole dish in 400F for 30 minutes until tender and golden brown.
- Once cooked removed vegetables from casserole dish and put into a serving bowl, drizzle with molasses and toss to coat.
- Serve warm.
Pioneerthinking.com – Ingredients for a Simple Life.