A perfect side of roasted vegetables that will compliment any winter dish. I made a platter of the winter jewels to serve along side our Christmas dinner. Not only was it very good tasting but it also look quite lovely and festive.
Winter Jeweled Vegetables
- 1 cup of cranberries fresh or thawed frozen
- 4 teaspoons of molasses
- 4 large carrots washed and cut length wise then cut into 1 inch pieces (or about 1 1/2 pounds of baby carrots)
- 2 large turnip peeled then cut into 1 inch chunks
- 1 pound of Brussels sprouts halved
- 2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 2 teaspoon olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
Preheat oven to 400F.
Lightly grease a casserole pan, mix vegetables together and toss in the olive oil. Place casserole dish in 400F for 30 minutes until tender and golden brown.
Once cooked removed vegetables from casserole dish and put into a serving bowl, drizzle with molasses and toss to coat.
Pioneerthinking.com – Ingredients for a Simple Life.