You don’t need to wait for a special occasion for this delicious ice cream cake. A perfect treat for any day, it can be made for less than $10, meaning big savings compared to store-bought versions.
This cake is a decadent finish to any meal. Plus, it’s a great make-ahead dessert that can be stored frozen in an airtight container for up to a week.
Birthday Bonanza Cake
Serves: 10 Prep time: 15 minutes Total time: 6 hours and 15 minutes
- 4 cups Great Value Birthday Party Ice Cream
- 8 fudge crème-filled sandwich cookies (finely chopped)
- 1/2 cup chocolate-flavoured topping
- 8 vanilla ice cream sandwiches
- 4 cups frozen whipped topping (thawed)
- 2 tbsp rainbow sprinkles
- Place ice cream in fridge to soften for 30 minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix cookies with chocolate topping.
- Invert a rimmed baking sheet (to act as a guide for cake layout) and lay 2 sheets of plastic wrap next to one another, overlapping slightly to create a base to wrap the cake. In the centre of the plastic, working quickly, lay 4 ice cream sandwiches side by side lengthwise to create a rectangle base. Spoon 2 cups (about 4, 1/2 cup scoops) of ice cream over top, lightly pressing to flatten evenly to edges of sandwiches with a spoon.
- Spoon chocolate mixture over top, spreading to within ½ inch of the edge. Repeat ice cream layer and top with remaining ice cream sandwiches. Fold plastic wrap over to completely seal the cake. Lightly press ice cream sandwiches down to flatten and adhere and press ice cream in to ensure cake maintains its rectangular shape. Freeze until firm, about 4 hours.
- Unwrap cake. Evenly spread thawed whipped topping and decorate with sprinkles. Place in freezer until whipped topping is firm, about 2 hours. Remove to a serving tray. Slice and serve immediately.
Find more summer dessert recipes online at walmart.ca/recipes.