There are many enjoyable catfish recipes to make that the entire family will enjoy. Not everyone enjoys catfish, so a few of the recipes will have catfish in it, but no one will complain that they do not like the catfish recipe. Make a catfish recipe with potatoes and carrots. This recipe does not take long to make and is enjoyed by the entire family.
This next recipe is delicious. Even if you have someone in the family that does not like fish, they will love this fish recipe. The breading just adds to the favor of the catfish.
Baked Catfish With Potatoes and Carrots
- Three medium potatoes
- One pound of catfish cut into nugget sizes
- Two carrots
- 1/2 pepper (red)
- One small onion diced
- One tablespoon oil
- One teaspoon garlic powder
- One tablespoon oregano
- Peel the carrots and the potatoes. Cut the carrots into one-inch long pieces.
- Cut the potatoes into bite size chunks. Cut the pepper into small bite size chunks.
- In a small cake pan, place the oil and place the potatoes, carrots, onion and pepper into the pan. Sprinkle the vegetables with oregano and garlic.
- Place the pan in the oven at 350 degrees for forty minutes. Take the pan out of the oven, add the catfish, and bake another twenty minutes.
- Serve hot from the pan.
Deep Fried Catfish Nuggets In Parmesan Seasoned Breading
- Two pounds of catfish fillets
- Oil for deep-frying
- One cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup cornflake crumbs
- 1/2 cup Malt O Meal cereal (wheat)
- One tablespoon parsley flakes
- One teaspoon salt
- One teaspoon seasoned salt
- One teaspoon sage
- One teaspoon garlic powder
- One teaspoon onion powder
- One teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme ground
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Combine all the breading ingredients in a shaker bag.
- Heat up the deep fryer.
- Place the catfish fillets in the shaker bag and shake.
- Take each piece out separately and place into the deep fryer.
- Deep fry until golden brown.
- The next recipe is a crowd pleaser. It will feed fifteen people. It does take a while to make, but is very tasty. The gravy and stew is all made in one pan. The pan you need should be a stockpot in size.
Catfish Stew to Feed a Crowd
- Five pounds catfish fillets
- Ten pounds potatoes
- Three pounds onions
- One pound Hog Jowls
- 2 large vans mushroom soup
- Pepper (garlic, cayenne pepper and salt just to taste)
- Cut the catfish fillets into one-inch chunks.
- Peeled and cut potatoes into one inch squares
- Chop the onion. Then slice the fatback into slices.
- Fry the Hog Jowls in a large pan. After all the fat is gone from the fatback and in the pan, remove the fatback to a paper towel.
- Add the onions to the pan and cook until soft. Add the potatoes and add water to cover them. Bring the pan to a boil. Potatoes should be tender when you stick a fork in them. Then add the catfish, mushroom soup and seasonings. When the catfish is flaky, it is done.
Dan Eggertsen is a fishing researcher and enthusiast who is committed to providing the best catfish fishing information possible. Get more information on catfish recipes here: http://www.askcatfishfishing.com
Photo. David Reber