Festive office events, family dinners and cocktail parties do not have to wreak havoc on your health during the holidays. Replace cocktails with a healthy alternative — mocktails.
By ditching the alcohol for nutrient-rich fruit, herbs and fermented ingredients, you can create nutritious holiday drinks that will not only look stunning, but also nourish your body to boot.
Here are two mocktail drinks to consider whipping up this season:
This fermented drink supports digestive health and increases good bacteria in the digestive tract.
- 2 cups kombucha
- ¼ cup frozen mixed berries
- Mint leaves
- Mix everything together and enjoy the refreshing taste!
Ginger Iced Green Tea
Benefit from this antioxidant-rich alkaline drink that also supports digestion.
- 2 cups green tea
- ½ tsp grated ginger
- ½ lemon (to taste)
- Cinnamon (ground or stick)
- Steep tea and put in fridge with ice to chill.
- Once at preferred temperature, grate ginger into drink and add lemon and cinnamon to top off this festive treat.
Visit your local CHFA member store to find all the ingredients you need. Find your nearest location at chfa.ca.