Kidney stones or renal calculi are hard, crystalline stone like structures, composed of minerals. They usually grow within the kidney or in any part of the urinary tract. This condition, characterized by formation of stones in kidney, is referred to as nephrolithiasis. When stones block the ureters, it is referred to as ureterolithiasis. People around the age group 20-49 are at risk of having kidney stones. These are usually composed of calcium in combination with minor quantities of oxalate and phosphates, and also crystallized chemicals like uric acid and amino acid cystine.
Factors Contributing To Stone Formation in Kidney
1. Family history
2. Elevated levels of uric acid in blood.
3. Pregnancy, during which passage of urine slows down due to high progesterone levels.
4. Dehydration or reduced fluid intake.
5. Infection in urinary tract, resulting in the formation of struvite stones.
6. Certain medications like diuretics, calcium containing antacids, drugs for HIV treatment.
7. Medical conditions like gout, hypercalciuria, hyperparathyroidism, diabetes, high blood pressure, cystinuria, inflammatory bowel disease.
1. Passage of blood in urine or hematuria
2. Excruciating pain in flank, groin or abdomen
3. Difficulty in excreting urine
4. Urinary urgency
7. Nausea and vomiting.
Herbal Remedies for Dissolving Kidney Stones
1. A mixture of 1 teaspoon basil juice and honey may be taken daily to strengthen kidney function and check stone formation.
2. A combination of lemon juice and hydrangea herb extracts reduces stone size and helps in eliminating them.
3. Gravel root is effective in helping one getting rid of this problem.
4. Goldenrod herb cleanses urinary tract of stones.
5. Nettles, horsetails, and St John Wort prevent bleeding due to stones.
6. Cranberries help in dissolving stones from the kidney.
7. Juniper berries and marsh mallow root also break down kidney stones in to tiny pieces and enable easy flushing out.
8. Every morning one may drink a mixture of 8 ounces of distilled water, the juice of one lime, 15 drops of hot cayenne extracts and maple syrup for taste. This drink dissolves stones from the kidney magically.
9. Herbs like joe-pye weed, meadowsweet and sarsaparilla may be used in the form of tea to remove kidney stones naturally.
10. A combination of dandelion root extracts and fennel seeds can easily flush out kidney stones.
11. Yarrow leaf, wild yam root, corn silk may be used as tea. These herbs are effective in dissolving stones from the kidney.
12. Black cherry juice lowers uric acid levels and checks stone formation.
13. Cramp bark extracts reduces pain and muscle spasm due to stones.
14. Herbal supplements such as Kid Clear capsules are also highly beneficial in dissolving kidney stones naturally without any side effects.
Read more about Kidney Stone Herbal Treatment. Also know about Gallbladder Stone Herbal Treatment. Read the health benefits of Shilajit.