Do you have an abundance of zucchini? These pickles will give dill pickles a run for their money, they are crisp and tasty like their dill counterparts but maybe even better in taste.
How to Make Zucchini Pickles
Makes 2 pints
- 1/2 cup White Vinegar
- 2 1/2 cups Water
- 2 tablespoons Black Peppercorns
- 6 Garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons Salt
- 4 sprigs Fresh Dill
- 3 medium Zucchini (green or yellow, cut in 1/4 " slices)
- 2 pint Mason Jars
- Into two clean, sterilized mason jars, add the peppercorns, dill, and garlic cloves. Then add the sliced zucchini pieces, fill as many as you can into the mason jar.
- In a sauce pan, add the water, salt and vinegar, bring to a boil then simmer on medium heat for 4-5 minutes. Allow to cool. Pour the brine over the stacked zucchini pieces. Fill the jar 1/4″ from the top.
- Keeps refrigerated up to three weeks.
- Ready after 24 hours! 🙂
Pioneerthinking.com – Ingredients for a Simple Life.