Aaaacheee! Looks like someone around is having the flu … sneezing is a common sign of flu; actually continuous sneezing. It’s imperative to take care of yourself if you or someone around is having symptoms that indicate flu. The unpleasant symptoms included chills, fever, runny nose, sore throat, headache, weakness and loss of appetite. People may experience stiffness and pain in the joints too. Flu is one of the most known viral infections throughout the world. It affects the respiratory tract including nose, throat, bronchial and lungs.
Flu virus attacks the respiratory system and leaves you fevered, fatigued with body aches and coughing. Flu is such contagious that it can be spread not only through the droplets when the infected person coughs or sneezes but can be transferred via infected person’s hands. It’s suggested to infected people to avoid school or work and stay at home to take adequate rest and treat their illness accordingly.
Patients mostly don’t need a hospital care for flu and it does not comprise any severe risks or health complications. However, it’s important for them who have compromised immune systems to take care it properly as it may take a fatal form if missed untreated. It is important to know that some severe conditions may require proper medications to alleviate fever, pains and congestion. Here are some simple flu remedies to ease the most common flu symptoms without any particular medication:
• Taking adequate rest is the first and foremost remedy to treat flu. Body needs ample amount of sleep and rest to relax. Elevating the pillow and placing a humidifier in the room will aid in easy breathing and sleep calmly. Your immune system needs proper relaxation to ward off the infection wholly. Resting helps in dealing with headaches and fatigue related to flu.
• Homemade Chicken broth is one of the best remedies for flu treatment. It’s healthy and delicious and takes care of the sore throat, weakness and loss of appetite. It also helps in reducing the inflammation of mucus membrane while releasing thick mucus easily. That will help you in easy breathing.
• Keep yourself hydrated. Drinking a lot of water is suggested to treat flu positively. Other fluids may also help including green tea, ginger tea, soups, fresh fruit juices, herbal teas etc. Adding some lemon in your green or ginger tea may aid in relieving nasal congestion and sore throat.
• Clearing the nasal passage continually will be beneficial. Blocked nose keep you from getting enough sleep as well. To clear out all that mucus out from your body you need to blow your nose. Saline nasal sprays are easily available and provide immediate relief while clearing the blocked passages. It helps in avoiding both headaches and earaches.
• Taking Vitamin C aids combat the flu virus. Include vitamin C rich foods and fruits in your diet to boost the immune system. Oranges, grapefruits, lemon, lime, papaya and tomatoes are some of the fruits that are rich in vitamin C. You may opt for vitamin C tablets.