Cold and Flu viruses are rife during the winter periods in Europe and North America. But have you ever noticed how some people never seem to get sick. No matter what is around them they always seem to avoid catching the virus. Why is that? It’s a lot to do with lifestyle but it’s not the only factor because even people who don’t take that great care of themselves are known for avoiding the virus. Well, the immune system is the answer and in a lot of cases it is known to be depleted. However when it is in operating optimally there is a strong defense against viruses, we radiate vitality and we can thrive even in the most extreme conditions.
Here are some questions that will identify the strength of your immune system:
– Have you had any kind of illness or infection more than once in the last year?
– Do you frequently suffer from a blocked nose and/or sinuses?
– Do you have trouble breathing fully and deeply?
– Do you smoke or are you tempted to smoke?
– Do you sometimes find yourself crying, feeling sad or grieving out of context with the situation?
– Do you crave spicy/pungent foods?
– Do you know you can only push yourself so hard, whether it be at work, at the gym, partying etc; and if you push yourself any further you just know you’ll probably get ill?
– Do you suffer from constipation or diarrhea?
– Do you have trouble projecting your voice in a powerful way?
Here are the ingredients you will find in a good Immune Tonic Tea Blend, as well as just a small relevant, selection of their many, well researched, time proven benefits:
– Help fight both viral and fungal infections such as Herpes and Candida
– Contains glycosides, proanthocyanidins and beta sitosterol, which help provide anti-viral and anti-inflammatory support for the body. These alkaloids also exert a beneficial effect on memory.
– Reduces pain and inflammation of rheumatism, arthritis and other types of inflammatory problems.
– Promotes the healing of wounds.
– Can be useful for treatment of gastric ulcers and intestinal complaints.
– Helps to relieve chronic pain.
– Enhance immunity by stimulating the immune system.
– Helps people experiencing stomach and bowel disorders, including colitis, Crohn’s disease, irritable bowel syndrome, leaky bowel syndrome, gastritis and duodenal ulcers, intestinal inflammation.
– Powerful immune system enhancer
– Proven to prevent breakdown of the immune system, even in cases of chemotherapy
– Yin tonic for the lungs, soothing any inflammation and irritation
– Improves vocal quality, excellent for anyone who spends extended periods of time speaking or singing
– Excellent for anyone with a dry cough or dry throat
– Tonifies the immune system
– Induces the production of alpha-interferon, a potent anti viral agent created within our body
– Tonifies the “Protective Chi,” known as Wei Chi . This Protective Qi is a special kind of energy which circulates just under the skin and in the muscle. It’s role is to act as a protective shield which keeps out any potential invading organisms, as well as extreme elemental energies like a cold wind
– Known as the ‘Great Protector’
– Can be very useful for people who just can’t seem to shake a cold, as it can replace the Qi necessary to regain full strength.
– Rich in immunomodulating agents, helping the body ramp up immune activity when appropriate, and calm it down when appropriate.
– One of the world’s most powerful vitalising herbs
– Aids the body in digesting the other herbs
– High in immune-stimulating polysaccharides
– Powerful tonic for the respiratory, immune and digestive systems
– Strong immune-modulating activity
– Have significant anti-HIV and anti-cancer qualities
– Incredibly effective immune system potentiator, aiding it in optimal functioning
– The polysaccharides it contains can play an important role in attacking cancerous cells, but not healthy ones, while simultaneously strengthening the body’s overall immune functions. The polysaccharides appear to help the body attack microbial invaders such as viruses, bacteria and yeast.
– If the immune system is excessive, as is the case with autoimmune diseases and allergies, Reishi can have significant positive influence. A group of chemicals known as the ganoderic acids help fight auto-immune diseases such as allergies. Ganoderic acids inhibit histamine release, improve oxygen utilization and improve liver functions. Ganoderic acids are also potent antioxidant free-radical scavengers.
– Another important Beta-1, 3-glucan, helps regulate and stabilize blood sugar levels.
– Harmonizer, Helps all other ingredients to work together more easily
– Delicious flavor takes away any ‘rough edges’, of any other ingredients
This is a small overview of just a few of the most relevant benefits. Books could, and have, been written extolling the virtues of each particular herb, and the sum of all of them combined in this perfectly balanced formula are greater than the individual herbs. If you’re interested I highly recommend you research and find out more, you will be fascinated and enthralled, as I am, by their amazingly diverse benefits and long history of effective use.
Elwin is the founder of Lion Heart Herbs, Europes number one resource for all your health needs http://www.lionheartherbs.com
Photo.: © Alfio Scisetti