Start your day with more than just a cup of coffee. This delicious mocha smoothie features chilled Purity Coffee, nutritious bananas, energy-rich nut butters and anti-inflammatory turmeric. Coffee contains a variety of phytochemicals, many of which have antioxidant properties. There is plenty of research on coffee and cancer risk with over 1,000 studies on the topic. The latest research suggests it may be protective for some cancers like endometrial and liver.
Power Mocha Smoothie
Makes 1 serving Per Serving: 340 calories, 17 g total fat (3 g saturated fat), 38 g carbohydrate, 13 g protein, 7 g fiber, 80 mg sodium.
- 1 vanilla bean
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 cup brewed Purity Coffee (chilled)
- 2 Tbsp. hulled hemp seeds
- 1 Tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 Tbsp. nut butter (e.g.: peanut butter, almond butter, cashew butter)
- 1 tsp. fresh turmeric root (minced)
- Pinch of black pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a high-power blender or food processor and blend until smooth. Drink immediately.
- One teaspoon of pure vanilla extract can be used in place of the whole vanilla bean. The fresh turmeric root can be replaced with 1/2 teaspoon of powdered turmeric.
What you eat matters…and what you give matters. Research has shown that certain foods – like coffee- can help fight cancer. But more research is needed. When you purchase Purity Coffee and use promo code AICR you will save 25% off your first purchase PLUS Purity Coffee will donate 25% to AICR on every future purchase you make! Help us fund more research through your purchase of Purity coffee. Click here to learn more and order!
Source: AICR – American Institute for Cancer Research