Why not toast the arrival of warmer temperatures and longer days with a refreshing and tasty beverage?
This delicious strawberry lemonade is the perfect drink after a day outdoors, and makes a sweet addition to any weekend brunch. Lightly sweetened with naturally-sourced stevia, each serving contains only 32 calories, meaning you can treat yourself to a glass (or two) without any guilt.
Makes 5 servings
- 2 cups (500 ml) hulled fresh strawberries*
- 1 cup (250 ml) fresh lemon juice (4 to 5 lemons)
- 2/3 cup (150 ml) Pure Via Granulated sweetener**
- 4 1/2 cups (1.125 litres) water
- Ice cubes
- Fresh whole strawberries, optional
- Fresh mint, optional
1. Purée the 2 cups (500 ml) strawberries in a blender container.
2. Add lemon juice and sweetener, blending just until combined.
3. Pour mixture into a pitcher.
4. Stir in water. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
5. Place a few ice cubes in each glass. Pour in strawberry lemonade mixture.
6. Garnish each glass with a fresh whole strawberry and a sprig of mint.
*Or substitute frozen unsweetened strawberries, thawed, drained
**Or substitute 15 packets Pure Via sweetener
Nutritional information per serving (250 mL)
Total fat: -1g
Cholesterol: 0 mg
Sodium: 10 mg
Carbohydrates: 10 g
Additional calorie-wise and delicious beverage ideas are available at www.purevia.ca.
Note that stevia, the sweetener in Pure Via, is also known as steviol glycosides.
Article Source: (NC) www.newscanada.com