Enjoy a new twist on a refreshing summer beverage
Whether you’re preparing for a day on the lake, a barbecue party or a simple meal in the backyard, iced tea is a refreshing summer classic. Try a new twist on an old favourite with a a recipe that adds the natural sweetness of real fruit.
When making this recipe, use an iced tea made with real tea leaves and natural flavours, like Nestlé Good Host Iced Tea. Try adding watermelon, strawberries and basil to create a drink the whole family will love.
Watermelon and Basil Iced-Tea Punch
Prep time: 10 minutes Chill time: 6 hours Serves: 8
- ½ cup 125 mL GoodHost iced-tea powder
- 5 cups 1.25 L cold water
- 2 cups 500 mL cubed watermelon
- 1 cup 250 mL sliced strawberries
- 12 fresh basil leaves (torn)
- Ice cubes
- Stir water with iced tea powder until dissolved.
- Stir together iced tea, watermelon, strawberries and basil. Transfer to punch bowl; top with ice for serving.
- Serve the punch in a hollowed-out watermelon.
- Freeze small basil leaves and sliced strawberries in ice cubes and add to punch for a pretty presentation.
Source: (NC) www.newscanada.com