This fully customizable parfait can be topped with your favorite fruits, nuts or seeds! The chia and watermelon make a jam-like layer that complement the creaminess of yogurt. Filled with protein and healthy fats from chia, try this parfait for breakfast or mid-afternoon snack for lasting energy boost!
Watermelon Chia Parfaits
Servings Servings Vary.
- 4 cupswatermelon (liquefied)
- 1/2 cup chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- servingyogurt of choice
- Toppings of choice: mango (kiwi, mint, toasted coconut)
- Combine the watermelon, chia and lemon juice in a medium bowl and stir. Let sit in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours or overnight to make the watermelon jam.
- In a small jar, layer 1-2 tablespoons of yogurt and 1-2 tablespoons of watermelon chia pudding. Repeat layers. Top with fruit or crunchy toppings of choice.
Photo and Recipe courtesy of watermelon.org