Almonds are grown in countries such as Saudi Arabia, Iran, Lebanon, Jordan, Syria, Israel and Turkey, and is hailed the world over as a ‘super’ nut. It can help men with impotency problems, diabetes sufferers, anemia, heart disorders, respiratory problems and constipation.
The health benefits of almonds don’t stop there! They are a great source of calcium, iron, vitamin E, phosphorus (for when you want to glow in the dark!) and magnesium. It’s also rich in niacin, copper, selenium and zinc.
More of The Health Benefits of Almonds
There are two types of almonds; bitter or sweet, and both are edible but the bitter ones are used to make almond oil for cooking. The health benefits of almonds are so great, that they are fast becoming THE nut to have in the house at all times. Crush them over salads, make almond milk or simply chomp on them raw.
It’s best to eat almonds on an empty stomach to get the most of the nutrients absorbed into your body. For some, the squeaky-ness of almonds can be a little off-putting, but soaking them overnight in water can help loosen them up a little.
The Health Benefits of Almonds
Here are the health benefits of almonds, bullet-pointed:
- Help develop your brain by eating almonds. The health benefits of almonds have shown that mothers feeding their children a few every
day led to higher intellectual levels from them and are considered essential for children.
- Frequent consumption of almonds will regulate cholesterol as they have a high density of HDL and reduce LDL cholesterol. By helping
to lower cholesterol, you can lose weight more effectively.
- It’s good for your heart! Vitamin E is an antioxidant and reduces the risk of heart attacks. Magnesium helps against heart attacks and they reduce the C reactive protein levels which can cause inflamed arteries. Almonds are also full of folic acid, which helps reduce fatty
plaque in the arteries.
- Almond milk is superb for the skin as it can help the complexion and texture of the skin.
- Blood pressure is regulated by the levels of potassium in the almond. They are low in sodium (salt) which also regulates blood pressure.
- Colon cancer risks are reduced as food can move more easily through the colon.
- Diabetes risks are lessened as almonds help reduce the rise of insulin and sugar in the blood stream.
- Folic acid is good for pregnant women and stops defects in newborn babies.
- Mono-unsaturated fats in unsweetened almond milk can help you lose weight.
- Constipation is prevented due to the amount of fibre in almonds.
- Riboflavin, copper and manganese are present which boost energy levels.
The health benefits of almonds are also said to avoid Alzheimer’s, which can also be seen in the heath benefits of almond milk on our site.
Sophie is the writer for almond milk benefits site and produces fascinating work on the health benefits of all food. http://thehealthbenefitsof.org/almond-milk-benefits/
Photo Credit: antpkr | Freedigitalphotos.net
Article Source: Articlesbase.com