Pink Eye (Conjunctivitis) takes time to treat but there are natural remedies that can help cure Pink Eye. Conjunctivis, also known as pink eye, is an inflammation of the mucous membrane that lines the inner eyelid and eyeball. There are three types of conjunctivitis which consist of viral, allergic and bacterial. It’s important to have this diagnosed properly, since bacterial conjunctivitis needs to be treated properly with antibiotics. Allergic and viral types of Conjunctivitis can usually be treated with the below natural remedies.
Conjunctivitis, or pink eye, is a highly contagious and equally annoying eye condition that is caused by the inflammation of the outer layers of the eye and the inner eyelids. Conjunctivitis is caused by an allergic reaction or a bacterial or viral infection. Those who have suffered from pink eye are prone to reoccurrence. Often treated with steroids, antihistamines and other prescription medications, you can avoid the side effects of costly traditional medicine through natural herbal remedies in your own home.
1. Place a wet, cool chamomile tea bag on each eye. This is a common herbal remedy for pinkeye. The process can be repeated again until the patient is comfortable.
2. Fight the infection with eyebright. Eyebright is an herb that fights infection and is a common remedy for conjunctivitis. One recipe calls for stirring the dried herb in boiling water, straining and cooling. The cooled water should be administered as eyewash three times a day.
3. Use red raspberry as eyewash. Red raspberry can be used as a conjunctivitis wash. Fresh berries and the leaves are both used to prepare a wash for pinkeye.
4. Make a wash from the petals of the Ox-Eye Daisy. Ox-eye daisy contains tannin, spooning and mucilage, all of which have medicinal properties. A wash made from the flowers is used as an eye lotion in the treatment of conjunctivitis.
5. Prepare eyewash from goldenseal. The herb goldenseal contains barbering and is used as a home remedy for pinkeye. If you choose to use commercial eyewash, look for one that contains barbering, which is very effective against staph and strep infections.
How to Relieve Pink Eye:
• Saltwater: -Wash the eyes with cooled boiled saltwater. This can be applied with cloth or cotton balls and should be repeated several times a day. The salt will cure the infection.
• Eyebright: -Eyebright is an herb that fights infection and is a common remedy for conjunctivitis. In homeopathic medicines, eye drops and eyewashes are made.
• Jasmine: -Eye drops can be created from jasmine flowers that have been soaked in distilled water for eight hours. Jasmine is a very effective treatment for pink eye, especially when there is a yellow discharge.
• Chamomile Tea: -Boil chamomile in water and let it cool. Dip a clean cloth in the cool solution and place it over both eyes. Repeat this throughout the day. This will help clear the infection. For convenience, cool tea bags may be used, placing one over each eye.
You may be interested in reading Conjunctivitis Remedy and Conjunctivitis (Pink Eye)
Article Source: Articlebase.com