One of my favorite side dishes that I enjoy making is twice baked potatoes, which are very easy to make and can be whipped together in just a matter of a few short moments. What you’re left with in the end as a result of your hard work is nothing short of a miracle. Hopefully when you use my this twice baked potato recipe, you’ll feel the same way.
First, gather up your potatoes and other ingredients that you’ll be using for this recipe.
How to Make The Most Delicious Twice Baked Potatoes
- 4 large potatoes
- olive oil
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 milk
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 cup grated cheese (cheddar)
- 4 strips bacon
- 1/4 chopped green onion
- These are the ingredients that you’ll be using for this recipe. Once you’ve gathered them up, you can begin the process of preparing everything.
- Second, wash the potatoes and coat them with olive oil. This will make sure that they are clean and that they stay moist during the initial baking process. Poke them with a fork in a number of places to allow for ventilation to the inside. Place in the center of the oven and bake for a little over 1 hour.
- While the potatoes are cooking you can cook the bacon to your liking and then chop it up into small crumble pieces, and mix the other ingredients together in a mixing bowl (not the onion or cheese). This is where your hand mixer will come into play. The hand mixer will make the task of mixing the remaining items together, as well as the potato that comes out in a little while.
- After the potatoes have finished cooking, remove them from the oven and slice them in half. Scoop the potato out of the skin, leaving about a quarter inch of potato remaining in the skin. Mix the potato that you have removed with the other ingredients, again, using your hand mixer to take care of the job for you. When you’ve completely mixed the ingredients together, scoop the potato filling back into the skins, top with bacon chunks, chopped onions, and cheese, and then cook them in the oven for another 15 minutes or so.
- When the baking process is complete, you’ll be left with wonderful tasting twice baked potatoes that the whole family will enjoy.
Find information on the hand mixer and more at www.handmixerplus.com
Article Source: http://www.articlesbase.com